January 13, 2012

Too Loyal??

Good Morning to all of you out there in e-world *e-airkisses*

S/O to alllll of the people out there who are faithful and read my blogs daily....
Big Ups to the personal texts I receive making sure I keep this up lol

ALSO, a MAJOR S/O to the Devastating Divas of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated..... Especially my mother :-D

Anyhow, today's topic will be LOYALTY

I read something today that made me question the loyalty sisters give to the brothers. Are we to loyal to the men that do not deserve our allegiance?

Situation #1- Girls befriends Dude. Dude proclaims to be her ride or die. Dude and Girl start kicking it. Dude e-cheats with skuzzbucket slore, then lies about what Girls' eyes saw *insert side eye* Girl dumps Dude, but still holds Dude down and is Dude friend.

Situation #2- Guy professes to not want to date to Girl. Girl tells Guy she understands. Guy askes Girl out more than once. Girl starts liking Guy and think Guy likes her too. Girl wants to confront Guy on his feelings, but does not want to lose Guy's friendship. Girl continues to play the friend "role".

Situation #3- Chick meets Boy. Boy and Chick go out a few weeks. Boy asks Chick for exclusivity, but says he is not ready for a relationship. Chick agrees to exclusivity. Chick and Boy share "intimate goody parts". Chick waits for Boy. Boy leaves Chick for Woman 6 months later.

Based on these basic yet real-life scenarios, the answer would be yes. In CERTAIN situations, woman are too loyal when pledging their allegiance to somebody that does not deserve that type of loyalty.

Sometimes, we as women are so anxious to feel "wanted" that we unconsciously lower our standards. We sometimes think "something is better than nothing", when sometimes, nothing is better than just any old thing.

Plainly put *grabs e-bullhorn* TOO MANY WOMEN ARE SETTLING AND MEN HAVE GOTTEN THE MEMO

Thats my honest opinion....

When you settle for less than what you deserve, you end up getting even less than what you thought you had settled for. (Let that marinate.. Repeat as OFTEN as needed..)

...I CAN ATTEST TO THIS RIGHT 'CHEA!

We as women need to realize that it is US who sometimes hold ALL of the cards and we do not even realize it. True, sometimes we need to fall back, but sometimes, we need to step up and be honest. I'd rather be honest with my feelings and let a guy leave out of my life. That means he was not meant for me and he is done wasting my time. I'd rather not waste my time guessing, hoping, waiting and assuming that what a guy wants, needs, requires and dreams of is merely waiting in the comfort of my arms alone.

I know we as women are not perfect, but we are the givers of life. The nurturers. The lovers. The leaders. The teachers. However, we are falling short on giving, nurturing, loving, leading and teaching our STAR pupils: OURSELVES AND EACH OTHER.

I hope all of you can take something meaningful from this post.. I know I did..

Until next time, CIAO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment