April 17, 2009

I been GONE for a MINUTE, but I'm Biz-ack on the BLOGSPOT

Good Morning guys!!

I sooo want to apologize for not writing in OVER 2 weeks.... I have been in & out urgent care for the last 2 weeks with VARIOUS things.. But anyhow, BY THE GRACE OF GOD, I AM HERE: Alive and Kicking!!!!

So, things for me have been VERY blessed.. I have SEVERAL interviews (some successful and some not as successful), but I have learned PLENTY from EVERYTHING and EVERYONE I met..

My topic for the day is HONESTY & MEN. Being honest with yourself and being honest with your situation (being grounded in reality, so to speak). *takes a deep breath*

I am SPEAKING on stuff I USED to do, but I learned from. Learn from my mistakes. I know for MANY of you readers out there, you WILL know someone that sounds like the situation I am describing (heck it mite be YOU) but LEARN! You can't live for the past, but you can LEARN not to make that decision again!

First, people (sometimes females most often) are not honest with themselves. Do not claim to be able to handle certain situations, predicaments and emotionally-charged situations with logic: You WILL NOT accomplish this feat. We, as humans, are emotionally driven. Everything we do drives or invokes an emotion. Do not set yourself up for what I call an "emotional disappointment" which WILL lead to you becoming an emotional wreck.

-For example, do NOT agree to be a guys' "cutty-buddy" knowing good and d$#@ well you WANT to be his girlfriend. BY sleeping with him, you are releasing him of EVER having to really take you serious. By giving in to his/your physical needs, you are denying your (maybe more than his) emotional, spiritual, mental needs that are REQUIRED from a girlfriend. We as females CLAIM to be able to handle this, but in fact, we are REALLY saying that we are willing to settle for what PLEASES you more than what would please us. Essentially, we are putting your needs before our own, which is too self-less of an act that makes you vulnerable for being disappointed.

By being honest with yourselves, we (as humans in general) must STOP "reading between the lines" or "decoding" things people say to us. Yes, some people do speak in riddles, but for MANY and PLENTY of us, we SAY EXACTLY what we MEAN and MEAN EXACTLY what we SAY!... Thus, DO NOT or rather DON'T NOT (Yup a double negative cuz its that bad lol) be doing the following (I was QUEEN of this b&$%*%$@)

- He said that he might get around to calling me later if he isn't too busy. I know it does not sound like much, but girl, you shoulda seen HOW he said it!
- He said See you later baby! He called me baby! Yea, I know he uses that term a lot with other ladies and he has a girlfriend, but I'm different. You don't know him like I do.

..... I think you get my drift now, eh?

Take words for FACE VALUE cuz in the end, ACTIONS (Yea, s&^% that you ACTUALLY SEE, WITNESS, EXPERIENCE and can ATTEST TO are the BIG things that count!)

Lastly, I want to talk about being HONEST with those around you. Friends, family, significant ones, etc... You get what I mean..

However, I guess this blog is for people that used to be like me, the girl described in this blog. I did a lot of dumb things because I wasn't grounded in reality. I used to think when a guys said "I'm not ready for a g/f" that that MEANT "Can you change me? Are you up for the challenge?" Me, being naive and young, said 'YES' every single time.. However, taking things at FACE VALUE (say that ALTOGETHER children: FACE VAL-YOU!) can save you FACE and UNNECESSARY HEARTACHE in the long run....

Ladies and men, we got to do better....

**** I LOVE YOU ALL FOR SUPPORTING MY BLOG! Please come back and read again soon!
Be blessed! HOLLLAAAAA!*****

No comments:

Post a Comment