May 21, 2009

Can you be my Wifey??

Good Morning People! Well, I know I haven't double blogged in a minute, but ever since I wrote my last blog, I was looking forward to writing my next blog cuz the topic was very intersting for me to dissect.

Today's topic is the hood term wifey. Today we will define what is a wifey, how one can become (or steer away from being) one, and why that term/role may or may not be for everyone.

First, we should define what is a wifey.. Well, even though I am only 23 (and a female) I feel that I have all of the necessary tools to say what exactly a wifey consists of. A wifey is someone (most often a female, even though I claimed to 'wife' up dudes lol - that's another topic for another day lol) Well, a wifey (IMO) is a female who does all the duties that a wife or serious girlfriend might do, which can include (but are not limited to): Cooking, cleaning, nurturing, etc.. (IMO the man can do these duties as well!!!) The base or origin word of wifey is 'wife' which is a partner or participant in a marriage.

Now, that we have defined what a wifey is, I will now lay out all of the informational background as to why some females aspire to be (or detest the image) of being one. Personally, I do not want to be wifey; It seems as if wifey's or sum BM's do not ever get rings or even a serious philandering-free commitment out of their significant other. And you know my saying now, "You ain't OFFICIALLY on the team, if you aint got a ring!!!!" You do not have any sense of a REAL role unless he approaches you with a REAL commitment ( at least a commitment both of you can OPENLY and HONESTLY be SATISFIED with). Some females DO aspire to be wifey's because they feel that it may be stepping stone to where they want to be. However, settling for less is never an option. One of my sorors/advisors/mentors/Choir Director :-) told me something a long time ago that REALLY stuck with me and I quote it all the time, whenever it applies and Im gon use it now: When you settle for less that what you deserve, you get even less than what you settled for. IDK about you, but that quote was told me to some years ago and it is still a VERY powerful and motivational quote. Some of those females who settle, thinking they are using that position as a stepping stone, may often be in for a rude awakening when reality sets in. Also, some females detest being placed in the position of wifey versus something else. Firsthand, I can say that I am not going to be doing wifely duties unless I am a wife, not a wifey. Some gals choose not to be wifeys because settling isn't high on their list of priorities.. Being satisfied is!

The term/role of wifey is not for everyone. Personally, it isn't for me because I am a grown woman, whom IMO is NEVER a wifey, but somebody's future wife. There IS a difference. Real women don't settle and accept things as the status quo; Girls let water roll off of their back and do NOTHING about to improve the situation at hand.

****AGAIN, THANX FOR TUNING IN THIS WEEK. IF YOU LIKE THE MATERIAL YOU ARE READING, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHARE THIS LINK TO MY BLOG WITH OTHERS. TUNE IN NEXT WEEK, STAY BLESSED AND HAVE A FABULOUS HOLIDAY WEEKEND. UNTIL NEXT TIME.... HOLLLLLLAAAA!!!!****

No comments:

Post a Comment