May 7, 2013

In Love

Good Morning Y'all!

Since yesterday was my third or fouth reintroduction post, I decided to come back and grace y'all with an actual post *cues trumpet*

So, yesterday, I caught you up on the high level things that I have been up to.. And one of them was me being in love *tunes up my AWWWWWWW chorale*

Being in love is one thing. Being in love and being long distance is something else.

Long distance relationships are great if the two people involved are loyal and devoted enough to remain faithful to one another. I'm sooooo happy that I picked a good one y'all! No little whispering from that voice inside (s/o to the spirit of discernment!) that he is up to something he has no business of doing.

I appreciate being apart of a relationship where the man is honest and genuine. In return, I give him 150% of what he gives me, so I feel this is a balanced, fulfilling relationship and he agrees.

However.... (You know this post wouldn't have spice without my 'howevers')

WHY IS IT THAT WHEN YOU SETTLE DOWN FOR REAL ALL TYPES OF RANDOMS THROW THEMSELVES AT YOU (i.e. both parties)???? THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMM..

I mean, when I was single, nobody (and I do mean, nobody) tried to holler at me. I mean, there were guys here and there every now and again, but it seems like EVERYDAY, I catch myself saying "No, I'm not interested at all. I'm in a relationship. Have a good day!" and that's the NICE version..

Guys, why do you think it's ok to holla at a woman? I mean, literally HOLLA at a woman!

Random Guy#1: (yells) AYYYY YOU FINE AS HE** GUH!
Me: (keeps walking, ignoring random guy#1)
Random Guy #1: (yells) SHE FINE AS FU**

See what I mean. How about the 'hollering' friend and the 'good guy' sidekick. Ugh!

RanRandom Guy#1: (yells) AYYYY YOU FINE AS HE** GUH!
Me: (keeps walking, ignoring random guy#1)

Random Guy #1: (yells) SHE FINE AS FU**
Random Guy #2: (walks over) Sorry, about my friend, but you are quite attractive.
Me: Thanks, but I'm not interested. Goodbye.
Random Guy#2: I just want to be your friend.
Me: I am a friend of God and Jesus is my friend.
Random Guy #2: *confused*

I say all of this to say, men, if a woman is NOT making eye contact, please TRUST that we aren't playing the shy/coy role. Some of us don't buy into the "thirst" and are truly content in our situations. Don't bum rush us, don't yell at us, don't draw unneeded attention our way for we carry mace for that. Just chill - if a lady is interested - fellas, you will KNOW.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment