February 15, 2012

First Date Etiquette - 4 MAJOR Rules of Adherence

Good Morning,

Today is Wednesday and I am UBER excited about going home this weekend.. Whooo hoo!

Anyway, happy belated Valentines Day to all of you out there.. Yesterday was a bit much for me. I'm single, but ironically, I had a pretty awesome Valentines Day. I got a bunch of texts and tweets wishing me a Happy Valentines Day, I made $100 using my intelligence / math skills and I went go workout.

However, when I got to the gym, a guy strolled up on me and said, "Girl, you are wayy too cute to be working out on Valentines Day."

.... Gee, thanks! >_<

This topic is in light of Spring and Summer (and all these NEW romances that are awaiting on your horizon..... ohhh kayyy?!)

Anyway, today covers first date etiquette... For guys and girls..

Since I have been on quite a few first dates, some good, some bad, and some were gut-wrenchingly terrible!!!!

Rule #1 - Be Aware of Attire and Presentation

Please make a good impression by wearing something suitable, cleaned and pressed. Nothing too clingy, too sparkly, too tight, too little, or too big. lol Please people, let's wear our right size.

Ladies watch for "over-cleave" (too much cleavage), ass cleavage :-( and painting on the makeup. No one wants to be out with an extra from UniverSoul Circus.

Men, watch for the ass cleavage *insert side eye*, grooming tactics and the controlling of bodily functions at the table. THANK YOU!



Not only is this a NO, it's an "Oh He** Naw!"

This is just nasty.. Should be illegal.. IJS..


.. which leads me to....

Rule #2 - Offensive Behavior

Ladies, you have no right to be offended about a guy using a groupon or discount of some sort when you go out. Are you paying? Um, well, HELLO then.. Shut up and enjoy being treated.... Also, ladies, texting the whole time on the date.. Can you say rude?! Muy mal, muy mal.. (Thats Spanish for 'very bad')..

Men, please do not, I repeat DO NOT talk about your ex girlfriend and her issues allllll night, especially if you are not asked. This is a first date.. Please don't unleash the crazy.... on the first date at least.. TRUST< we take note of these things and change your name to "CRAY-CRAY" or "DO NOT ANSWER" in our phone book..



JUST SAY NO takes on a WHOLE new meaning!

Yes, 'Ye, that sh** cray!

Rule # 3 Smooching

Smooching on the first date is no longer a bad thing. For me, it depends if our first date is our first meeting, or if our first date is our first romantic date, given we have known each other and were acquaintances of some sort.

I guess this is an independent thing. To each their own. However, I will say that smooching should be done in good taste. Don't wolf down a sh**load of onions, then not pop a mint/piece of gum, when your breath is humming and coming at me.. Now, this is OFFENSIVE. Then, on top of that, your lips are chapped, your biting my lips in an aggressive, non sexual and hunger-like manner... Um, stop.. Please.. I want to live without getting a blood transfusion.. Please check that breath, read for non verbal cues.. Because if you go in and Im not feeling it, I will back the he** up with a NINJA LIKE QUICKNESS!! lol

Do you need one of these when you go in for sweet lip??

Face should not look like this trying to get some sweet lip!!
Rule #4 - Eating Styles

Please, please, please take heed to this one....! LAWDY, LAWDY, MY LAWDY!!!!

Do not slurp ANYTHING! Do not lick your plate. Do not scrape your silverware. Do not take with a mouthful of food. Do you lick your fingers and make that popping noise. As a matter of fact, all that hoody hood stuff you do when nobody is looking, just don't.. You are in public.. with somebody who you are trying to learn more about. Don't ruin your chances before they even have a decent chance..

Please don't be "that person".. It's embarrassing.
Well, I think that covers 4 major rules. This list is not all inclusive.... Just 4 things which I wanted to highlight..

What do you think? What are your rules on a date? Have you done anything of these? Are these too blatant? Should people have common sense that this is a NO NO?

Until next time..........

No comments:

Post a Comment