February 6, 2012

"I Cry For You" - Why SOME Dudes Can't Get Down With The Emo Movement

Good Morning Everybody!

S/O to all of you out there in e-world that have been faithful to the site, offering topic/blog suggestions; you have been instrumental in helping us reach OVER 1,000 views.. Whoop-Whoop!

Today's topic came to me yesterday when I texting a friend of mine who, at one time, was "more than a friend" to me.. ;-) (I would shout them out, but I'm sure he don't want his "bid-ness" all on this here "inna-nets".. lol Anyway, we were talking about why we fizzled and I said, "Truth moment? You don't like to display feelings or get emo. Why? Do you not like being vulnerable or do you feel that is a female trait?"

At that very moment, a light bulb went off in my head: "Why are SOME (not all!!) dudes afraid to get emo? Why do som avoid it like the pliggity plague?" IDK, but let's dissect this a BIT further..

First off, what is EMO?

EMO is short (or text lingo) for emotional. Basically, anything mushy, sappy, romantic or anything with feelings attached that allows one to be vulnerable and lower that wall of protection is sure to be in the realm of "emo"-osity. I, for one, love an emo dude. Granted, he can't be crying 24/8 lol but, a dose of feelings, emotions and vulnerability is realllyyy sexy.. Thats IMO (IMO is In my Opinion; IMO is not related to or to be confused with EMO)

EMO is a sliding scale of tender, lovey-dovey, wovey emotions. With category one being as small as a dude holding a chick's hand, looking her in the eyes with deep sincerity and spouting mush from the heart all the way to a category 5, which is all out bawling, snot rolling, on your knees singing a Robin Thicke ballad out of tune... The visual makes me shudder lol

Second, what situations is it ok for EMO to be displayed?

We all know that there is a time and place for everything. Crying and carrying on (the category 5 should not be displayed in public, if at all IMO, but I have seen it...), as well as certain PDA should be kept for behind closed doors (another topic for another day...)

EMO is ok and welcomed to be displayed at random. That's the the best way to show its' true sincerity, innocence and genuine honesty.... When EMO is displayed at random for your girl, when you bare your soul and she is not expecting that, IT REALLYS BLOWS OUR MINDS!! No, really.

It's ok to display EMO when you are being sincere, when you and your S/O are fighting and you gotta concede defeat: let that wall down and wave your white EMO flag.

Take Drake for example. His emo (which he wears on his sleeve) can be categorized as a strong category 2, maybe a weak category 3 on a bad day.

Last, why do (some, not all!) guys avoid EMO at all costs?

Last night, I was told that EMO was avoided and not a viable option because it makes him feel vulnerable and that is not a good feeling. Today, when I asked another guy how being EMO was not seen as a "cool" and "regular" thing for guys, I was told that "emotions make you cry sometimes and crying can be viewed as a weakness."

So, I take this "real" data and I am making an educated inferential conclusion that asks: Can ish get TOO REAL for guys at times and emotions are something that they can not control, so they just avoid them?

Avoid what you can't control? Or a cop-out? You can make that decision. I'm just showing both sides..

Personally, if a guy gets emo and shows his vulnerability, it shows me that he cares enough to trust me wholeheartedly to do the right thing with his heart. Plus, actions speak louder than any words. A guy can say he loves you but if he is unwilling (or afraid) to take a chance on me like I am taking a chance on him in the vulnerability department, I would have to question his feelings for me.

Then again, some men vie to be like their father and if Dad is hard as nails, then I am sure he groomed his sons to be the same as well. "Crying is for girls and sissies" is something I remember my brother's dad always saying to my oldest brother.

Also, if Daddy was not around, your guy could have a "Daddy Issue" complex.... Which is a whole 'nother blog topic discussion in itself....

Like I say, I love you, but I will always love me more.. I love the brothers, but sometimes, you don't have to be so hard..

What do you think? Was I right? Was I too hard on the guys? Are the guys holding themselves to unbelievable standards? Is EMO bad for men to display?

UNTIL NEXT TIME, LOVES....

No comments:

Post a Comment