February 14, 2012

Moment of Silence

Good Morning..

Sorry for my brief hiatus.. I got my eyes dilated and I couldn't friggin' see at ALL yesterday..

PLEASE.... Let's get a moment of silence out of RESPECT for the late, great. multi-talented, multi-faceted, uber-beautful and stunning- Whitney Houston..


She is so stunning.... Receiving her Grammy at the 30th celebration, I think..


Out of respect, I want to say that Whitney was the epitome of black soul-stirring music. Music that crawls inside you and is welcomed to stay awhile. Comfort music. Feel good music. Mad as he** music.

Shoop Shoop. You Give Good Love. I will Always Love You. Greatest Love of All. Saving All My Love. How Will I Know. I Want to Dance with Somebody. Why Does It Hurt So Bad. I have Nothing. Run to You. I'm Every Woman. Your Love is My Love. Heartbreak Hotel. I Look To You. I Didnt Know My Own Strength. Who Could Imagine a King. I Believe In You and Me. It's Not Right But Its Ok. Gosh, I really could go on and on.. And On and On.


She is so elegant and regal.

We have lost an Icon. A mother. A sista. A wife. An activist. A sister in Christ.




I remember MANY a Saturday morning my dad (RIP) or my mom would get up and be cleaning or cooking to some Whitney. My mom would alternate between Whitney and Anita Baker before dragging us to the skating rink with her..



Rest In Peace, Ms. Whitney Houston. I hope you see my father and grandmothers on the other side. They ALL loved you.

No comments:

Post a Comment