February 29, 2012

Letter Advice - We Aren't Compatible, but I still want him..

Good afternoon good people..

Last night, I went to Zumi.. Nice spot, but I gotta go back when I'm not tired and when I have some time to bliggity blow..

S/O to KP- my homey may have the flu.. Feel better hunny....

S/O to this thunderstorm watch going on in the Nash right now.. Dude, when it rains here, IT RAINS!.. NO WAY JOSE!

Anyway, let's get into another letter....

Dear Jen,

Love the blog. Great job. I've known you for quite a  bit and I must say, I am thoroughly impressed with your level of writing, expertise, humor and candor. Anyway, I write to you because I am interested in this guy but it seems like we are incompatible. We are still in the 'getting to know you' phase after 5 months of hanging out, getting drinks or grabbing dinner. Is that normal? He seems to be a bit more reserved and I'm not shy by far, but he seems to make me shy. What does that mean? I really don't know if he is interested or not. He wants me to go out and meet people, but when I do, he always has a crass opinion or comment about any of the other guys I may have dates with. I've come to the understanding that he is not interested in me, but then he will try to flirt with me and encouraging me to flirt back with him. Please help.

Sincerely,
Confused & Not Compatible

Dear Confused & Not Compatible,

Thanks for the love and support. You have known me for awhile, but I am glad this blog is taking you a level deeper into my own insight. Refreshing, isn't it? Wow, still in the 'getting to know you' phase after 5 months? Sounds like the friend zone to me, unless this guy is socially retarded or awkward. IJS. Maybe that is normal for him, but obviously it is not normal for you based on your past or preconceived notions. Maybe you should talk to him about. Even if you are friends, you need to be able to communicate freely with him. So, ask him are you guys friends? If he responds yes, then tell him you don't understand why you two are still in the "getting to know you" phase after 5 months. If he makes you shy, then maybe you like him and are feeding into the insecurities that he may not feel the same. Sounds like he definitely sending you mixed signals. Le Sigh. Call bullshiggity and place your cards on the table. He can't suggest you go on dates, but then act super salty when you bring it up... C'mon son!!!

What do you think? Does Confused have a reason to be confused? Is he suitor sending mixed signals?

UNTIL NEXT TIME.....

No comments:

Post a Comment