February 7, 2012

"Unforgivable": My Opinion of Emily B

Good Morning Again!

So, I hope you enjoyed my review of Love & Hip Hop: Reality Check, but what I REALLY want to talk about is Emily B.

Emily's life folded out in front of the cameras both seasons. From her claiming to be Fab's girlfriend for the past 8 years, living with him, having a son with him (who was misbehaving in that studio during the family photo shoot-my mom would have karate chopped me in the throat if that was me-IJS..) and then to this season kicking off, with her leaving him, meeting one of his groupies that gave it up to Fab, moving out and then dating him again.. >_<

I really feel that a lot of women could relate to Emily's story, whether it portrayed their own relationship or that of a friend. Emily was claiming to hold him down as his family, accepting the disrespect and mistreatment and in return, her self-esteem and ego were at an al-time low.

My question that I pose today is "Can a man ever do a woman soooo wrong that it's truly unforgivable???"

Mmmm, that's a good one! *e-pats self on the back*

Honestly, I think whether we want to admit it or not, we all have played the role of "Emily B." in one form or another. Emily was being too loyal to a guy.. (check out this blog on LOYALTY if you missed it: http://realrawuncuttruth.blogspot.com/2012/01/too-loyal.html Obviously, at one time, Fab was the guy who didn't deserve it (and probably still doesn't, but hey, I don't know dude or her..)

I really feel that Emily is at a level of comfort in her life where Fab has always been there. Maybe she is afraid of the unknown. Maybe she is afraid of starting over.

Honestly, she was content with her and Fab's arrangement for 8 years, EIGHT YEARS, 8 FRIGGIN' YEARS UNTIL she saw the dram-edy play out on national television. It's one thing to play the fool in the private of your own home, but it's another to be played for a dayum fool on national television. To quote Milli Vanilli "Girl, you know it's true....!"

Honestly, Emily should be thinking of her kids right now. Setting a good example for her teenage daughter, who will begin to date soon and think its "ok" for a guy to mistreat her and be unfaithful and her son, who will begin to treat women as discards..

I do commend Emily for taking a stand and moving out on her own. KUDOS CHICA!!!! Also, I want to warn Emily that every chick that smiles in your face is not your friend (ahem.. Not to throw shade, but that Winter chick (Fab's ex-ASSistant) seemed that she was handing Fab more ass than actual assistance.. Just my opinion of how I received the edits of their segment.

I also commend Emily for not trying to be friends with Kimbella. Honestly, could you be friends with a chick who slayed your boyfriend while you were pregnant?!? I commend her for being cordial, but saying she was not open to friendship because she had enough friends. I mean, maybe that is immature, but I think it was a good step in Emily actually asserting her backbone, whether her decision was perceived as right or wrong.

I'm not so sure that Emily should have started dating Fab right away. I mean, Kudos, that he came out to her fashion show and supported her from the front row. That was awesome, Stunna shades and all, but honestly, just because you can admit to infidelities after the fact that they were blown up in my face on NATIONAL television, doesn't excuse the fact that it was an infidelity.

Since we are on that, I would have been MORE impressed with Fab admitting to his infidelities without somebody opening his closet release his skeletons. Nobody should have to tell you something about your man except your man.. Dishonesty and lies of omission are "unforgivable" because it TRULY is an insult of a woman's intelligence. Don't be so underhanded - be forthcoming and put your cards on the table, okay?!

In this case, I agree with what Emily said on the first episode of Season 2: "A man is honest. A man is exclusive. A man is committed. A man is loyal. And until I can have that, I'm single." *snaps fingers* That was music to my ears because I believe in that wholeheartedly and would like to add my own tidbit "A man who says he loves me is honest. He has no issue proclaiming his love for me. He is soft enough to to cater being in love and handle love's demand, yet he has masculine enough to protect me in all ways. He is loyal, he is trustworthy, he is God-fearing and he is not a follower. He doesn't complete me because I am already whole, however, he is the perfect compliment."

In the words of Forrest Gump: "And that's all I have to say about that...."

UNTIL NEXT TIME, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.....

What is your opinion? Do you agree with Emily's approach? What is Fab's side of the story in yur mind? What is unforgivable to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment