January 25, 2012

Confidence

Good afternoon to all of you out there in e-world.... A lovely, big, juicy e-smooch to all of ya's out there.. lol

Yesterday, I had to go get my hair done because I was started to look like somebody who was not Jennifer lol

Now, I feel all luxurious and cute.. maybe a bit bougie too lol

.... Is this just a female thing??

Today's topic is CONFIDENCE.. I was asked about confidence and what makes me feel confident.

Everyone should be confident in a few areas of their life. People should be confident in who they are, what they can or can't deal with, as well as what they can offer somebody else.

A fresh hairdo always ADDS to my confidence.. Like if I feel like my hair is on point, then ALMOST nothing else matters. Dress is in the eye of the beholder. Most people think they are "killing 'em" everyday, but they are really "killing me" with their friggin' shotty opinion of style, but.... I digress :-)

What is confidence?

Confidence is knowing who you are and being comfortable in your skin. Confidence is sticking to your guns at all costs, regardless of what the "popular" choice may seem to be at the time. Confidence is a certain smile that you wear all day because everybody notices true confidence. Confidence is being able to give a compliment and really mean it, because you know it takes nothing away from you.

How do you gain confidence?

For me, I have been naturally confident because I am not a follower. A lot of people are followers because they are trying to get along with people and make friends. But, who wants a friend who can't think for themselves? If you learn to truly love yourself for who you truly are, flaws and all, your confidence will shine through.

What makes me feel confident?

Security brings me comfort which allows for my confidence to shine through. If I am secure in myself, my relationship, my friendships, etc., then my confidence is apparent and very noticeable. Thats an honest personal answer. Also, I am confident in my God, my talents, my accomplishments, my loyalty, my personality and my drive. I know that confidence can be measured as an indicator of strength, which sometimes can be dead on or dead wrong. Let that sink in and "mur-ehn-nate" a bit.. Plus, I can't be accused of being a "Thirsty McThirsten Thirsty Ass" le sigh..

This whole relocation thing has made me a bit wavering in my confidence, but it's all a process. Without struggle, there is no progress, right? Moving away from everyone I know, everything I know, leaving familiarity for the unknown has been rough and wayyy more than I bargained for. Everyday is an adventure and struggle that I love and despise at the same time, if that makes sense. I know (and I hope) somebody in my shoes is reading this blog because sometimes it's ok to be "uncomfortable" in a situation. It motivates me to work harder, not rest on my laurels, at the same time, doing a better job in grinding for that shine.

I have made a few acquaintances, but time will tell if these people are dependable, good souls who are confident in themselves to be a friend without being a "hater". That's where true hating comes from: a lack of self-confidence and a jealous/envious undertone in their personality. They are missing something on the inside which effects them on the inside, but after awhile, it builds up and that person starts showing their true colors on the outside. Maybe that's why they say what's done in the dark shall come to the light, right?

Again, all just IMO.. Maybe Im emo lol

What do you feel is confidence? What makes you confident? How do you think you can gain confidence? What brings you comfort?

Until next time, TTFN ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment