January 23, 2012

A TRUE Gentleman....

Good afternoon All!

Thanks to all the people who prayed for my migraine to disappear .. it did.. :-D

ALSO, a MAJOR s/o to the new follower.. Heyyy girlll!

My weekend was semi-uneventful, but I digress..

When I was driving home on Friday evening, I suddenly wanted to blog about gentleman.. What defines a true gentleman, how to find one, etc.... When I got home, my migraine had kicked up to full-full speed and I had to lay it down..

Anyway, today, I will touch on this topic to the best of my ability, seeing that I am a woman and not a man. I'm merely on the outside looking in to the world of "Gentleman"-dom

First- WHAT DEFINES A TRUE GENTLEMAN?

A true gentleman is a man who has respect for his fellow man and all ladies. He opens doors for women, he offers up his seat if a lady is standing, he offers his jacket on a date if it is chilly, he is quick to be the "go to" guy for any and everything that a lady needs, if they are romantically involved or not. The only time he prefers Dutch is if he in the country (which is never) LOL. If you know a true gentleman, consider yourself lucky. These men seem to be a dying breed, nearly extinct in our society.

Second- WHY AREN'T ALL MEN GENTLEMEN BY NATURE?

All men aren't gentlemen naturally because they are uninformed. They are not knowledgeable of what a true gentleman is, how he acts, how he courts (FUTURE BLOG TOPIC BTW), how he communicates, how he disagrees, etc.... I could go on! lol But, men are creatures of habit in a way and followers in a way. Since the majority of men are not gentlemen, the masses tend to migrate and conform to what "everybody else" is doing. If Tyrone can't treat his women right, then why should Nathaniel? Gentlemen are groomed from Day 1, by their fathers. Children are like sponges and if they see that "Daddy isn't there" or Daddy treating Mama like a Welcome mat, then the young lad will copy and conform to Daddy's actions, even if he is absentee.

Also, women do play a role in the formation of a gentleman. For one, if she is single, she can not bring all types of random dudes around her son. The son may begin to devalue women and resent mommy for the lack of respect she is showing for herself, her kids, her household and her values. For two, if you are married, please do not emasculate your husband, especially in front of the kids. A young boy can be emotionally scarred from these types of encounters and think every woman is here to devalue all men.

Third- Where are these creatures called "gentlemen" located?

I'm glad you asked!! Prayer is the #1 way to find that true gentleman God has intended for you. This should be said first. As a single woman, please know that God is working on all of us. There's nothing wrong with exuding a bit of patience. For two, gentlemen are EVERYWHERE. They could be at church, at the movies, at the grocery stores, etc. The key to finding a gentlemen is COMMUNICATION. When I say communicate, I mean communicate clearly. When you are getting to know a guy, let him know up front, as to what kind of guy you require (NOT superficial things, but those oh sooo yummy internal qualities). If he is not the type of guy, PLEASE do yourself a favor and STOP thinking you can change or mold him. He is being upfront with you, so please play that honesty card and let his butt go! No need to waste your time.

No offense, but I think we as women need to start talking to our young boys. We as women need to start telling our young men how to treat a young lady, how to date, how to court, how to be respectful, how to cater to a deserving woman, how to be honest, how to be loyal. We as women also need to be careful.. Steve Harvey said it and I am echoing it: "Women know how to get pregnant and they know how not to get pregnant." Don't spread your legs to the highest bidder, the guy with "the pretty eyes" or "nice ride". You could end up with a boy as your child's father.

Which brings me to another point....

BONUS- Women need to step up to the pliggity-plate..

When dating, women have tunnel vision. They may overlook a lot of key info about a guy hoping to "snag" him for the long haul. Chivalry is NOT dead. There is nothing wrong with telling a guy what you will and will not tolerate. Please let's not forget our self-worth and devalue ourselves hoping to get "hitched". We are the givers of life, so why should you sacrifice your life for an unhappily ever after? I mean, who wants to get "hitched" with a dirt bag clown? That is defined as a guy who thinks that chivalry is dead, courting is played out and thinks marriage and monogamy is for idiots. I'm sure a few other guy types fit under "Un-Hitchable", but the gist of what I am saying is, don't settle.. ever.. You will NEVER be happy, no matter how you slice the pie, chile..

Again, I am just a blogger, kicking it to you as real as I can be.... I hope I did not offend anyone and if I did, maybe you should look in the mirror, mmm hmm?

What do you think? Was I a bit harsh? Are gentlemen a thing of the past? Are we women too passive to want more for ourselves?

Until next time, DEUCES and JUICES.... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment