January 17, 2012

Honesty, Liars and all that other miggity mess

Good Morning to all you out there!

First off, a very belated Happy Founder's Day to the women of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated (Especially my gal Rashae and my sis, Amber)

Second off, a very belated Happy Birthday to MLK!

Thirdly, a VERY Happy Birthday to the First Lady, Michelle Obama aka Chelly O!

Last, but certainly not least, a very, very Happy Founder's Day to all those oh sooo pretty girls of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated! Skee wee, my sorors, skee wee!

S/O to Beta Eta (UofM), Xi (EMU), Beta Mu (WSU), Beta Pi (B'ham), Theta Tau (MG/UDM), Delta Zeta (MSU), Iota Iota (BGSU), Delta Chi (WMU), Pi (Fisk) and of course, the LOVELY sorors from my chapter, Nu Theta (GVSU).

Whoo..

Now, that I got that out of the wayyyy.... Today's topic is HONESTY.. Yup, I said it: HONESTY..

Now, we as humans are infallible and we are programmed to eff up, make mistakes and not be perfect.

Does this mean that we are programmed to tell "untruths" and be sneaky as well? Are little white lies a factor or a non mother- *bleep* -ing factor, to quote Evelyn? I guess that is personal opinion.

Me on the other hand, I try my BEST to tell the truth at all times, especially on important matters. Yes, I may tell the white lie from time to time ("Cute sweater", "That is a cute baby", "Your head isn't that big", etc) But I really can not think of times where I have told a whopper of a lie and not come clean.... Still pondering....

Anywho, women lie. Men Lie. It's that simple and it doesn't get any simpler than that..

However, I think the severity of the lies told between the two genders are equal and it all depends on the person.

For example, when I was in high school, I lied to ALL of my boyfriends... It's true, it's true.. It was ALWAYS about me and getting a "one up" on somebody, but TRUST, they were all small white lies ("No, I don't like such-and-such", "Yes, we can go to prom together", "Yes, you are muscular", etc....) I'm sure they lied to me too.. But, Whatev..

I'm sure that is why my luck with my male counterparts has not been the best.. My karma wasn't right.. *shrugs*

However, as a grown woman, I would and could NEVER look a man in the eye and tell him a falsehood, if I cared about him or not, but especially if I cared about him.. On the other hand, some of my male counterparts may not be ready to be honest with me or themselves. I'm very direct, I try not to assume and I ask direct questions. If I have the balls to do that, please have the same balls to be honest in answering my question. I was grown enough to ask, so be an adult and reciprocate some honesty.. IJS

I do know some adults (men and women) that lie on the daily to their friends, family and/or significant other and I think it is pretty disgusting that they can claim how "grown" and independent you are, but you are lying to somebody you claim to care about.. You are manipulating and playing with peoples' lives.. and it is not right.. Honestly, that kind of karma that you are putting out in the atmosphere is not good and once it comes back around on that booty of yours, all I will have to say is "Holy Moly Donut Shop.." lol

Somebody once told me, "Why lie when the truth is so much MORE interesting?" That's the realest ish I NEVER wrote..

But, with every good lie, you have to continue the deceit and web of lies with more lying to cover up and account for the original lie.. It's pretty stressful, I would think..

Just do everyone a favor: Be Honest.


Until next time, CIAO Babies!

What do you think? Am I right, wrong, or indifferent? Have you ever told any whoppers or white lies? Is the truth that much more interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment